Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 590242
gawk-3.1.8 is available
Last modified: 2010-05-12 09:22:47 EDT
Latest upstream release: 3.1.8
Current version in Fedora Rawhide: 3.1.7
Please consult the package update guidelines before you issue an update to a stable branch: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_guidelines
More information about the service that created this bug can be found at:
Changes from 3.1.7 to 3.1.8
1. The zero flag no longer applies to %c and %s; apparently the standards
changed at some point.
2. Updated to latest infrastructure: Autoconf 2.65, Automake 1.11.1,
libtool 2.2.6b, Bison 2.4.2.
3. Failure to open a socket is no longer a fatal error.
4. dfa.h and dfa.c are now more-or-less in sync with GNU grep, for the first
time in many years.
5. Gawk no longer includes its own copy of libsigsegv but it will use it if
installed on the build system. The --disable-libsigsegv configure option
is now gone.
6. The ' flag (%'d) is now just ignored on systems that can't support it.
7. Lots of bug fixes, see the ChangeLog.
New version has been built by Stepan Kasal, closing the bug.