Description of problem:
if one re registers a client with rhnreg_ks the osad client auth gets invalid. to get osad to work correctly again one has to remove /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth.conf and restart osad on the client
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. register clietn with rhnreg_ks
2. configure and run osad
3. re-register clietn with rhnreg_ks
osad is running but does not pick up any scheduled actions, enabling debug logs shows it can not correctly authenticate
osad should run and pick up scheduled actions. a fix could be that rhnreg_ks resets osad authentication when needed.
Mass-moving to space13.
Author: Milan Zazrivec <email@example.com>
Date: Thu Feb 3 18:13:36 2011 +0100
590608 - nullify jabber_ids from previous registrations
This fix is to ensure push functionality will be functional after
Couple of things adding to the problem:
* after system re-registration, systemid changes, jabber_id stays
* rhnPushClient table with multiple rows with identical jabber_id
and different server_id
* osa-dispatcher tries to find shared key for given jabber_id, backend
simply returns the first row fetched (now with an invalid shared key)
* signatures computed by osad and osa-dispatcher do not match -> osad
won't do anything
* deleting the older servers in webui won't help
The fix for the described problem landed in spacewalk-backend (server
side component) and won't require any changes on client side (osad
should work automatically).
Thank you for your bug report, sorry for the delayed fix.
spacewalk.git SPACEWALK-1.3: 62e63a633b29d169c6c4524be248bfdf01b2e2b1
Mass moving to ON_QA before release of Spacewalk 1.4
Spacewalk 1.4 has been released