Description of problem:
Some AVI videos are played distorted in applications using gstreamer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Play http://n.ethz.ch/~smani/download/example.avi example in totem
It appears that one channel (green?) is distorted
Worked fine in f12, also plays fine in VLC. Distortion appears to affect all applicaitons using gstreamer (totem, banshee, ...).
The example video plays fine for me. I'm suspecting this is a video driver issue. To make sure:
1) What GPU and Xorg drivers are you using?
2) Can you change the Gconf key /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/videosink to "ximagesink" (without quotes) and see if that makes it work? (Don't forget to change it back again, it's slower.)
Created attachment 413165 [details]
GPU is a Intel GM45 Express Chipset, using
Works fine with ximagesink. Attached screenshot shows problem.
This does indeed look like driver issue, so I'll assign this to them.
I do wonder why VLC works though...
Thanks for the bug report. We have reviewed the information you have provided above, and there is some additional information we require that will be helpful in our diagnosis of this issue.
* your X server config file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf, if available),
* output of the dmesg command,
* system log (/var/log/messages), and
* X server log file (/var/log/Xorg.*.log)
to the bug report as individual uncompressed file attachments using the bugzilla file attachment link above.
We will review this issue again once you've had a chance to attach this information.
Thanks in advance.
Created attachment 413191 [details]
Attaching requested files (have no custom xorg.conf), which were obtained after a reboot + playing an affected video file with debug messages enabled.
Created attachment 413192 [details]
Created attachment 413193 [details]
As a side note, just noticed that also VLC is affected with a DivX MPEG-4 Version 5 AVI.