Description of problem:
Cloning a cloned base channel w/ errata does not seem to bring errata to 2nd generation clone.
Clone channel w/ errata reports no errata. Clone this cloned channel w/ errata shows lots of errata (1000+) are available.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
* Clone Red Hat Enterprise Linux channel to "clone_channel_a" w/ all errata
* Go to "clone_channel_a" -> Errata -> Clone: 0 available
* Clone "clone_channel_a" -> "clone_channel_b" w/ all errata
* Go to "clone_channel_b" -> Errata -> Clone: ~1000 available
Clone page shows cloneable errata
Should not show any errata as we have cloned the channel with all errata.
Issue is reproduced locally.
Duplicate. This has been already fixed by errata
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 528170 ***
What is the plan for fixing this?
Customer changed the way they work to avoid "cascading cloning" but they won't be able to avoid it on the long term and need to know when we will fix this.
Looked like that page was never really made to work with clones of clones properly.
I'm not able to reproduce this on https://ibm-zeus-02.rhts.eng.bos.redhat.com/
In fact your reproducer doesn't seem to have reproduced it? When i go to https://ibm-zeus-02.rhts.eng.bos.redhat.com/network/software/channels/manage/errata/clone.pxt?cid=161 I dont' see any errata listed which seems correct.
I tried reproducing with justin1 and clone-justin1 and that seemed fine too.
Throwing to on_qa as cliff suggsted.
Yes, sorry, I was looking into wrong tab (Errata > Clone Errata).
# VERIFIED against errata.stage (signed packages - satellite-5.4.0-20101015-rhel-5)
1. make a custom channel - clone RHEL5 base channel (1403 - RHEL5 i386 [the same as the original Red Hat base channel has])
2. make a custom channel - cloning the cloned channel step above (the same amount of erratas available - 1403).
So the issue is re-checked / confirmed to be fixed properly.
The 5.4.0 RHN Satellite and RHN Proxy release has occurred. This issue has been resolved with this release.
RHEA-2010:0801 - RHN Satellite Server 5.4.0 Upgrade
RHEA-2010:0803 - RHN Tools enhancement update
RHEA-2010:0802 - RHN Proxy Server 5.4.0 bug fix update
RHEA-2010:0800 - RHN Satellite Server 5.4.0
Docs are available: