Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 59194
[FIX ATTACHED] db2html dosn't like *.xml files
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:01 EDT
Description of Problem:
db2html is a wrapper around jw, and a thin one at that. However, when originally
written, it made assumptions which are no longer true. Specifical, that it would
alwas work on files of the form *.sgml or *.sgm.
The issue is that it uses a line like this:
output="$(echo $arg | sed 's,\.sgml$,,;s,\.sgm$,,')"
To figgure out the output directory.
This does not work for *.xml files.
Attached is a modified version of db2html, which extends the sed line. It also
adds a command line switch for '-o' which allows explicit setting of the output
directory the way that help says it will.
Created attachment 44317 [details]
Sorry, use this version (negated a test :(
Created attachment 44318 [details]
Oops, yes. I didn't think about XML when I wrote it. Thanks.
the -o switch I put in is all wrong. :(
Trying to fix.
This version seems to be much better.
Sorry about the last one. It was friday and I was heading for a date, so I
didn't test it much.
Created attachment 44437 [details]
Crutcher: learn shell one day. :-)
I see what you're trying to do, and I will fix it for next time.
Fixed in 0.6.9-21. I left -o out: if you care, use docbook2html instead.