From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
I am using upgraded kernel 2.4.9-21 on my PIII 800MHz 256MB RAM 40GB
machine(custom made by me). While playing a mpeg-1 movie using "mtv" program by
mpegTV, the screen froze and keyboard & mouse stopped responding. There was not
hard disk activity in LED. I tried to telnet this computer from another computer
(My home LAN). That too did not work. Looked like the computer has halted.
I have been using RedHat since 5.2 and used all the kernels on my computer.
Never found such death. Earlier Screens used to lock but telnet never failed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
do you happen to have a sblive soundcard ?
I have following Peripherals:
1. SoundBlaster PCI 512 Sound card
2. 3Com Ethernet PCI Network Card(3c???),
3. ATI All in Wonder 128(AGP 32MB) Video Card
4. US Robotics Data/Fax ISA Internal Modem
5. 2 HDs (40GB master & 13GB slave Western Digitals, 7200rpm)
I also have(probably not relevant in this case),
6. Backpack CD reWriter to Parallel port(not detected in RH7.2 default kernel)
7. Creative Labs PC-DVD Ovation(12x) IDE CD Drive
The motherboard Asus P3V133 with Vial Apollo Chipset. I was running latest KDE
2.2.2 Desktop at that time. I have triple boot, Win98/Win2k/RedHat7.2.