Description of problem:
When an alert sender type for Resource Operations is created to execute script, once the command line arguments to be passed is entered in the Value filed, clicking save reset back to Unset(Checked).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Build# 152. Version 2.4 Snapshot
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Create a new alert definition.
2.Click on Edit for the Alert Notification.
3.On the Alert notification page, click on Add New. Select the Alert sender
type as Resource Operations.
4.Select the resource selection mode as Relative Resource.
6.Select Start search from as "JBoss AS Server"
8.Select Then Filter by as "Script"
9.Provide the name of the script that should be executed upon meeting the alert condition.
10.Select operation name as "Execute Script"
12.Uncheck the Unset for Command line arguments and enter the value that needs to be passed.
clicking save reset back to Unset(Checked)
command line arguments that need to be passed should be retained.
Is this still a problem Sudhir?
Yes. Retried it on Beta build and issue still persist.
Author: Joseph Marques <email@example.com>
Date: Thu Jun 10 04:27:59 2010 -0400
BZ-593223: add ability to save/restore operationArguments for operation-based alert senders
'extra parameters' base support:
* augment AlertNotification entity store "extra parameters" configuration object
* add dbsetup/dbupgrade parts for this "extra parameters" element
* modify backend and UI code to do managed loading/persistence of this extra notification info
** update various locations in servar/jar, server/plugin/pc/alert, and portal/war for retrieval/storage
operation-based alert sender improvements:
* modify the load/save algorithms to use "extra parameters" config to retrieve/store arguments for selected operation
* remove enum and legacy referencs to OperationInfo.Constants.ARGUMENTS_CONFIG_ID
QA Verified. cmdline parameters can be successfully passed.
Note: discovered bug #602788 while verifying this.
Mass-closure of verified bugs against JON.