Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 593384
augeas will be used in apache plugin only when it is set in the plugin configuration
Last modified: 2010-08-12 12:48:15 EDT
How do we test this? Does this mean that we should not see augeas get hit on things such as Operations, etc.?
-Discovery of apache (Server and Virtual Hosts) works without augeas.
IfModules and Directories are discovered only when augeas is enabled.
-Operations works without augeas.
- please test the functionality without installed augeas on linux machine.
- please test the functionality with old augeas version installed on the linux machine (the augeas is bundeled with agent and the right version of augeas should be used automatically)
- please test it also on Windows machine (augeas will not work there)
I have noted some problems to Filip that I have had, regarding discovery on Linux systems without augeas and on Windows systems. Still trying to wade through these issues.
Update: on a separate linux system, w/ older (and subsequently, no) augeas installed
* I was able to detect apache
* run ops
* did see VirtualHosts appear
* did not see IfModules and Directories appear until augeas was enabled
So I think we are good wrt Linux. Windows may be a separate issue but not a blocker at this point.
Mass-closure of verified bugs against JON.