Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 594453
Manually removing a VirtualHost in conf and re-adding causes multiple instances to appear in UI
Last modified: 2013-09-02 03:24:09 EDT
Description of problem:
I manually removed a virtualhost in my conf file via cmdline. I then removed said service from inventory. When I readded and checked config/invetory etc., old one was re-added, along with a new one.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a virtualhost in httpd.con, akin to
CustomLog logs/dhcp231-107.rdu.redhat.com-access_log common
Assure there are no other reference to '8888' in doc.
2. Trigger a syntax check or something in the UI that causes this resource to appear in inventory.
3. Manually remove said instance via cmdline.
4. Remove this resource from inventory in UI.
5. Re-add the resource via cmdline.
6. Trigger syntax check.
7. Check once again to make sure there is only one reference to the vhost on port 8888
Two instances appear in inventory.
Screenshot to be attached.
Created attachment 415480 [details]
Snippet of UI now showing two instances where there should only be one.
I can not reproduce the problem.
Can you please test if the problem still occures on your environment?
Verified on build#123 (Version: 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number: a6d2d56)
Followed the steps and verified that only one instance of virtual host appears in the inventory.
Marking as verified.
Bulk closing of issues that were VERIFIED, had no target release and where the status changed more than a year ago.