Description of problem:
Starting several kvm guests on a amd-based system sometimes fails with:
kernel: emulation failed (pagetable) rip 45 66 ff 2e 2c
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
More information is needed to investigate this. Especially:
* Which guest OSes (and their versions) are running when this error happens?
* What happens to the guests when this error is generated? Does the qemu-kvm process terminate? Does it keep running, but the guest crashes?
* Some specific operation is required to reproduce the crash? the RIP value shown on the error is very small. Does it happen while booting or rebooting the virtual machine?
Can you provide:
* /proc/cpuinfo information from the host
* libvirt XML configuration used to launch the guest (or qemu-kvm command-line)
Sorry for taking so long to reply.
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for
inclusion in the current release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Because the affected component is not scheduled to be updated in the
current release, Red Hat is unfortunately unable to address this
request at this time. Red Hat invites you to ask your support
representative to propose this request, if appropriate and relevant,
in the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
This request was erroneously denied for the current release of
Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The error has been fixed and this
request has been re-proposed for the current release.
Not enough information to investigate. Closing.