Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 595473
SSM Child Channels subscription not updating current members in 530
Last modified: 2010-11-18 03:29:43 EST
Description of problem:
If one subscribes or unsubscribes a child channels to/from a server in SSM, the entitlement counts and the package errata server cache will not get updated causing all those calculations to fail.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 530
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Subscription Management -> Software Channel Entitlements
2. Look and make a note for the Red Hat Network Tools for Red Hat Enterprise Linux -> Entitled and Available counts
3. Add systems that don;t have the RHN tools channel but are subscribed to a RH base channel to ssm.
4. Goto Manage -> Channels -> Child Channels
5. Select subscribe on "Red Hat Network Tools" + hit alter subscriptions and confirm appropriately
6. Go to Subscription Management -> Software Channel Entitlements
7. Look at the Entitled and Available counts for Red Hat Network Tools channel.
Notice those numbers have not been updated at all.
Number of entitled must be more and number on available must be lesser.
fixed in spacewalk master:
One last fix:
*** Bug 569758 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
reproduced up to Comment 0 or bug 569758#c0 with OLD version
new,spacewalk-java-0.5.44-86.el5sat works well, entitlement counter reflects changes in SSM immediately
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.