Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 597067
NumberFormatException: For input string: "" in JBossSoftwareContentSourceAdapter.initialize
Last modified: 2014-05-29 14:14:42 EDT
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a CSP Content source with
anr appropriate credentials
2. tail -f rhq-server/logs/...
3. Click Test / Synchronize
4. See the exception in the log
Stack trace attached.
Created attachment 417461 [details]
This is probably caused by an attempt to parse an empty Proxy Settings, which values are not set as unset by default.
first fix the NPE (validate proxy values properly),
then set those values as unset by default.
Steps to reproduce, should happen every time:
1) Create a CSP account, but ommit the Name field. JON will complain.
2) Fill the Name. And submit. JON will eat this.
3) tail -f -n 1000 log , and see the attached exception there.
Looks like we're not checking or enforcing that the name field is filled in when it obviously must be and we're assuming that it already filled in in the code.
Need to add required field check in UI and double check in code to prevent using bad data.