Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 597303
Add IE support to SearchBar
Last modified: 2010-08-12 12:52:35 EDT
Description of problem:
The original SearchBar was written by injecting <span> elements with floated styles into the innerHTML for <option> elements under the combobox representing the suggestions. This worked well on FF, had alignment issues on Chrome/Safari, but outright failed to render on IE at all.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Load the inventory browser for resources or groups
2. Position the cursor in the search bar
Nothing happens on IE.
A panel should popup and display search assistance / suggestions to the user as he or she types.
Author: Joseph Marques <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri May 28 11:53:12 2010 -0400
BZ-597303: fix auto-completion / suggest code so that it's cross-browser
* fork the GWT SuggestBox component, which uses a custom MenuBar approach
* integrate rest of assistance algorithm into this component
* change styles so that SearchBar looks more consistent across browsers
Whoops, this bug should have been moved to ON_QA back at the end of May. General SearchBar support for IE is in, but there may be smaller bugs on specific versions of IE - those are already being tracked in separate BZs.
This seems to be OK in IE7 and IE8...
Mass-closure of verified bugs against JON.