Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 597497
Anaconda stops upgrade F12 -> F13 with 'unhandled exception'
Last modified: 2010-05-29 07:27:39 EDT
Created attachment 417822 [details]
Description of problem:
Trying to upgrade to the latest version of Fedora (like done many times before) , the system installer stops after I have chosen the the system to upgrade.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
always on my system
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot from Fedora DVD (as well as from boot cd pointing to iso on hard disk)
2. Choose 'Upgrade an existing system'
3. Point installer to 'Fedora 12 (installed on /dev/sda5)'
'An unhandled exception has occurred. ...' (see attached traceback)
Install process should continue
1. Hard disk layout:
/dev/sda3: boot (250 M)
/dev/sda5: root (50 G)
2. A fresh install of F13 to some unused space on the hard disk, using the same /boot partition, went flawelessly.
3. The DVD has passed the mediacheck.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 577260 ***