Bugzilla will be upgraded to version 5.0 on a still to be determined date in the near future. The original upgrade date has been delayed.
Bug 599805 - xmlto pdf croaks with "! Illegal unit of measure (replaced by filll)."
xmlto pdf croaks with "! Illegal unit of measure (replaced by filll)."
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Classification: Red Hat
Component: xmlto (Show other bugs)
6.0
All Linux
low Severity medium
: rc
: ---
Assigned To: Ondrej Vasik
BaseOS QE - Apps
:
Depends On: 526273
Blocks: 600254
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2010-06-03 16:31 EDT by Mark Wielaard
Modified: 2010-11-10 16:55 EST (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: xmlto-0.0.23-3.el6
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: 526273
Environment:
Last Closed: 2010-11-10 16:55:26 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Mark Wielaard 2010-06-03 16:31:43 EDT
This fix is in Fedora 13 (xmlto-0.0.23-3.fc13), but not in RHEL6 (xmlto-0.0.23-2.el6). So we don't have the SystemTap Tapset Reference Manual PDF.

Currently systemtap configure.ac explicitly disables pdf creation because of this, if this bug is fixed the workaround can be removed:

 dnl Unfortunately https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=526273 
 dnl blocks "xmlto pdf" on our docs (but not on the above test).
 dnl So we need to disable this anyway.
 dnl AM_CONDITIONAL([BUILD_PDFREFDOCS], [test "$have_xmlto_pdf" == "yes"])
 AM_CONDITIONAL([BUILD_PDFREFDOCS], [test "maybe later" == "yes"])

+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #526273 +++

Created an attachment (id=363035)
xml input

Run upon attached .xml file (generated during systemtap builds),
plain "xmlto pdf" fails, but gives no useful diagnostics about
how to correct the problem.

xmlto-xhtml-0.0.22-1.fc11.x86_64
xmlto-tex-0.0.22-1.fc11.x86_64
xmlto-0.0.22-1.fc11.x86_64


! Illegal unit of measure (replaced by filll).
<argument> <5:block     ><5:block       >L
                                ogging Tapset</5:block></5:block>\@empty 
l.3398 .../fo:block><fo:block break-before="page">
                                                  <fo:block id="API-warn"><f...

? 
! Emergency stop.
<argument> <5:block     ><5:block       >L
                                ogging Tapset</5:block></5:block>\@empty 
l.3398 .../fo:block><fo:block break-before="page">
                                                  <fo:block id="API-warn"><f...

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on tmp.log.

--- Additional comment from ovasik@redhat.com on 2009-09-29 13:49:18 EDT ---

Thanks for report, will check it. Likely passivetex issue, will check what could be done with this. It's great that at least dblatex backend is able to process it, passivetex is very old and has many limitations.

--- Additional comment from ovasik@redhat.com on 2009-09-29 16:42:53 EDT ---

Yep, likely something fragile in passivetex. When I removed(in fact just commented out) full chapter "logging.stp" , pdf built just fine even with passivetex. I'll check what's wrong/different with that section.

--- Additional comment from ovasik@redhat.com on 2009-10-01 04:55:30 EDT ---

Generating pdf with fop and dblatex is ok, fo is generated properly, no memory/stack/level limit within tetex basic configuration is reached. Something is wrong with that one chapter, generating pdf failed there even if I moved that chapter "logging.stp" up (to aproximately half of the tapsets.xml). Reassigning to passivetex (which is still my package, so it doesn't matter). I'll try to check tex output and compare what's wrong with tex code of that chapter.

--- Additional comment from ovasik@redhat.com on 2009-10-13 08:30:23 EDT ---

Fine, could be workarounded by xmlto, so fixed there (as I don't want to waste time with analyzing passivetex sty file). It seems that passivetex can't handle chapter titles starting with L if they have refentry(s) inside. Patching pdf/dvi/ps format script to enter newlines after "block>" entries seems to solve (workaround) the issue. Fixed in xmlto-0.0.23-3.fc13, closing RAWHIDE.
Comment 2 RHEL Product and Program Management 2010-06-04 01:43:19 EDT
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux major release.  Product Management has requested further
review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Major release.  This request is not yet committed for
inclusion.
Comment 5 Alexander Todorov 2010-08-25 06:01:31 EDT
With xmlto-0.0.23-3.el6.x86_64

xmlto pdf against the attached XML file produced a pdf file with the SystemTap Tapset Reference Manual. Moving to VERIFIED.
Comment 6 releng-rhel@redhat.com 2010-11-10 16:55:26 EST
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 is now available and should resolve
the problem described in this bug report. This report is therefore being closed
with a resolution of CURRENTRELEASE. You may reopen this bug report if the
solution does not work for you.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.