Created attachment 421746 [details]
Screenshot of distorted screen
Description of problem:
From time to time the screen is unreadable. See attached screenshot. The problem can be resolved by either:
- sometimes by scroll wildly up and down in a (browser) window
- sometimes just be patient and the problem will resolve itself (maybe this
depends on playing a video)
- reliable Cycle through Suspend/Resume
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
sometimes it goes a working day without problems, sometimes it distorts the screen once an hour
Steps to Reproduce:
Sorry, I didn't find any usage patterns that reliable trigger this bug
- a screenshot (poor quality, taken with mobile phone)
- the Xorg.0.log file
- a dmesg output (although this does not show anything when the bug happens)
I suspect that the kernel is influencing the probability of the bug. I discovered the behaviour in F12 after a kernel update (major version change) but no ati driver update.
but maybe this was just a coincidence.
Created attachment 421747 [details]
The X server log file
Created attachment 421748 [details]
There are for sure interactions with the kernel. I've been running the system for the last few days with kernel modeset disables and tried to reproduce this bug, bit t didn't show.
So the kernel modeset seems to be necessary to reproduce the bug.
The bug does not appear anymore witht he current fedora 13 kernel.
So this ticket could be closed.
Thank you for letting us know.