Description of problem:
"relative resource" mode for operation-based alert sender should allow executing an operation on an ancestor resource. the UI allows you to setup an alert notification like this, but when it fires the execution algorithm thinks the notification is in an invalid state, and does not execute the operation.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add an alert notification (create an alert definition if needed)
2. Select "resource operation"
3. Select "relative resource"
4. Select some ancestor, but do not fill in any descendant information
5. Make this alert fire
Audit trail says "<no 'filter by' selected>"
The operation executes on the ancestor resource.
Author: Joseph Marques <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed Jun 9 03:03:44 2010 -0400
BZ-601987: fix related-resource execution for operation-based custom alert sender
* it is valid to select an operation from a direct ancestor
** thus, don't throw exceptions when the descendantType field is null
Verified. Ops against parent/ancestral resources get triggered when these ops are fired. No longer do we see an error in the audit trail. We see the note that says operation 'foo' was triggered on ancestral resource 'bar'.
Mass-closure of verified bugs against JON.