Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 60349
RFE: packaging problems in mysql
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:40:37 EDT
Description of Problem:
There are some packaging problems in MySQL:
- /usr/share/mysql/czech and directories like should be language support
dependent, using the appropriate rpm
- manual.ps is corrupt, only has a few kilobytes
- the cnf example files on mysql-xxx.rpm should be moved to mysql-server-xxx.rpm
and marked as doc (moved to /usr/share/doc...)
- /usr/share/mysql/make_binary_distribution should be distributed
- /usr/share/mysql/binary-configure should not be distributed
- /usr/share/mysql/mysql.server should not be distributed
That said, a english-only install of mysql should only contain the following
directories on /usr/share/mysql, and no files:
Adicionally, a split of the huge! manuals to a separate mysql-manual or
mysql-doc rpm would be nice.
3.23.49-3 should fix these. No docs have been split out, as there is a package
freeze and you can use "--excludedocs" if you want to anyway.
Please mark the docs split as defered; I can't --excludedocs during install.
(however I did post a RFE on anaconda, some time agom to do just that :-)
Docs subpackage has not yet been created as of latest public beta.
It should be done before a package freeze.
Just cleaning up some old bugs...
We will not be creating a seperate package for the mysql docs. We will go
with the mysql, mysql-server and mysql-devel packages as per the current