Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 604094
Stored Profile doesn't get associated with the Kickstart Profile.
Last modified: 2010-11-04 07:12:22 EDT
Description of problem:
In a kickstart profile, if you select an existing package profile for sync and then kickstart the system, then after kickstart the package profile of the newly kickstarted system doesn't match to the profile which was selected in the kickstart.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Red Hat Network Satellite 530
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register an exisitng rhel5 system and created a stored package profile
2. create a simple activation key which has provisioning entitlement
3. Create a kickstart profile.
4. Under Packages -> select the newly created package profile
5. Under activaiton key select the newly created activation key
6. You can either kickstart the system or just refer the kickstart profile and copy the whole rhnreg_ks command with kickstart's default activation key and newly added activation key.
System is kickstarted and registered on satellite, but package profile is not synced
Package profile should also be synced.
Created attachment 424133 [details]
fixed in spacewalk master:
The patch provided didnt quite do it, because that would have broken package profile sync when the package profile was set at the session level (instead of the ks profile level). My fix checks the session first, and if it is null, checks the kickstart profile 2nd.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.