Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 60593
Creation of Loopback filesystem fails
Last modified: 2007-03-26 23:51:38 EDT
Description of Problem: Creation of Loopback File system fails
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 7.0 (Guiness)
How Reproducible: Everytime
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Unable to create RedHat Linux in a dedicated partion, see bug report 60292,
so I tried a partionless install.
2. Install goes smoothly through selecting componets to install. I selected
GNOME, KDE and Games. Selected next.
3. Meassage "creating Loopback Filesystem on device /dev/hda1" apperaed for
several minutes and progress meter appeared. Near end of process, received a
fail message and computer hung. Partial trace appeared, couldn't scroll, save
to floppy or continue. Had to reboot.
4. Removed swap file and edHat image file from C:\ and tried install again but
used upgrade disk, anaconda-vfat-lable-fix.img and command "linux updates".
5. Same result
6. Rebooted, removed files from c:\ and ran install a third time without
upgrade disk and srlected only GNOME. It ran fine. Linux is now running in 2.0
gig of space on Win 98SE machine (Pentium II, 384 Meg memory, 16.1 gig HD.)
Partial Trace follows:
Traceback (innermost last):
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.0.1//usr/lib/anaconda/iw/progress_gui.py" line 20 in
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.0.1//usr/lib/anaconda/todo.py" line 1469, in doinstal
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.0.1//usr/lib/anaconda/sstab.py" line 643 in
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.0.1//usr/lib/anaconda/isy.py" line 78 innddfile
Please retry with 7.2, it has ALOT of bug fixes and is prefereable to 7.0.
Closing due to inactivity, please reopen if you contine to have problems.
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.