Description of problem:
Evolution creates a copy of a message, when the user changes the email account that he/she wishes to use to send the email, instead of changing just the used account.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 22.214.171.124
How reproducible: Read the steps
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new email, using your default email account (you must have more than one account to experience this bug)
2. Press the "Send" button.
3. Open the "Outbox" folder and open the message, before it being sent.
4. Change the account you wish to use to send that email (example, change from the default one, to a secondary one).
5. Click on "Send".
6. A copy of the message is created, instead of replacement the original message
Two emails, from two different accounts, that are exactly the same are sent.
This bug started in Fedora 13. Didn't exist on Fedora 12.
Hi Volans, do you have a bug reference (URL) to an upstream bugzilla, where this one is moved to, please?
Well, I just closed this bug, together with other ones, because it was me who posted it and I thought it was solved. But actually, I checked now and the problem still happens, so I'm going to open it and change the program version.
This bug still happens in version 2.32.2
This is still in Closed/Upstream state. Could you answer my question from comment #1, please?
I thought this bug was fixed and since I posted it one year ago (Fedora 13), I closed it. Yesterday, after your comment, I reproduced the same procedure in Fedora 14 (in my old and updated computer) and the problem is still there. In one year, it wasn't fixed. So, it never actually went "upstream". I just closed the bug because no-one fixed it in such a long time and I had a too long list of posted bugs here (posted by me) and decided to eliminate some.
Since the new Evolution version, included in Fedora 15 (my new PC) keeps the window open, while sending the email, never putting the email on the Outbox, a message is never created there, so the bug is somewhat "eliminated". The feature which caused it, was changed.
So, I don't know. Keep the bug active, or delete it? It will never be fixed anyway, like many Linux bugs, even the most obvious and easy to track. I know that by experience, trust me. Sometimes I wish I could make Linux programing, compiling and debugging myself, so I could fix at least the most obvious bugs myself. They are annoying.
I can't open the bug again. If you want, you need to go it yourself. I only have "Assigned" as option, opposite to "Closed" option.
Ah, thanks for the update. The Closed/Upstream is mainly used when the bug is moved to the upstream bugzilla, and then a bugzilla link is usually included for a reference. Other closed states can be used when the bug wasn't actually moved to the upstream.
Anyway, I can reproduce the bug in 3.0.x when the evolution is in an offline mode. I moved this upstream as . Please use it for any further updates.