Description of problem:
I have kept my Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader plugins up to date, but with my most recent update of FireFox, I discovered that I was still using a 10.ox Flash plugin, rather than the 10.1x that was installed. Eventually, it truned out that the ~/.mozilla/plugins directory still had the old plugins, and only once I *deleted* the directory content, only then did ´/usr/lib64/nspluginwrapper/npconfig -a -i -v´ install the newer versions of the plugins. While trying to figure this out, I simply deleted that directory, and restarted FireFox, in the hope that it would automatically configure things, but nope, that didn't help. The right plugins did show up in the about:plugins page of FF, but I couldn't actually watch any flash content until I ran the npconfig command as above.
That is confusing for newbies and time consuming for veterans, as well, and should be automatized.
I am using Fedora 13 for x(&_64 with all updates applied.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 523273 ***