Description of problem:
git-svn cannot deal with charset or encoding of svn log.
Svn always store log message in utf-8 format, bug git-svn do not convert it into current locale.
For example, I do 'git-svn clone ...' with LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.gbk, then do 'git-svn log' to watch the log'. What can I see, just a lot of unreadable codes.
I have tested git-22.214.171.124, it can convert log into gbk with LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.gbk while cloning, it sounds much better than 126.96.36.199. But If I swith to LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.utf-8 sometime later, 'git-svn log' still returns gbk encoded text, it is illformed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
I close this old bug because nobody have time for fixing for many years and epel-5 is nearly in the end of life.