abrt version: 1.1.7
Attached file: backtrace
reason: Process /usr/libexec/gvfs-gdu-volume-monitor was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)
release: Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 6.0 Beta (Santiago)
Created attachment 427675 [details]
This happens directly after login from gdm.
Gdm itself is also behaving strange - not able to reboot/shutown (clicking these options does nothing) and it does not offer user names to login.
I tried to create brand new user account and log into it.
Behaviour is the same.
/var/log/messages is being filled constantly by this set of lines:
Jun 29 15:04:14 timothy pulseaudio: module-console-kit.c: GetSessionsForUnixUser() call failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
Jun 29 15:04:14 timothy pulseaudio: module.c: Failed to load module "module-console-kit" (argument: ""): initialization failed.
Jun 29 15:04:14 timothy pulseaudio: main.c: Module load failed.
Jun 29 15:04:14 timothy pulseaudio: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
Jun 29 15:04:14 timothy pulseaudio: main.c: Daemon startup failed.
Only times and pids are different in repetitive occurrences of these lines.
Seems similar to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=546187
I had also one group id inconsistent (for group games).
I fixed this, but it did not helped.
Can you please install debuginfo packages and try catching the backtrace again? Also please attach output of `udisks --dump`. I'd bet there are more error messages in ~/.xsession-errors
This looks like a problem with dbus, is it running? What about selinux?
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux major release. Product Management has requested further
review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Major release. This request is not yet committed for
(In reply to comment #6)
> Can you please install debuginfo packages and try catching the backtrace again?
> Also please attach output of `udisks --dump`. I'd bet there are more error
> messages in ~/.xsession-errors
> This looks like a problem with dbus, is it running? What about selinux?
Yes dbus & selinux!
The root cause of this issue was actually some dbus problem, caused by selinux.
I fixed it by auto relabel my filesystem.
Not sure why things went wrong.
Not sure how to reproduce it again :-o.
Before relabelling, I run fixfiles verify and got this list of badly typed
(without /root and /home).
Probably /.dbus was the cause?
PATHs mentioned nearby of AVC denials were actually about searching in
Let me know if you want me to try reproduce again.
This issue has been proposed when we are only considering blocker
issues in the current Red Hat Enterprise Linux release. It has
been denied for the current Red Hat Enterprise Linux release.
** If you would still like this issue considered for the current
release, ask your support representative to file as a blocker on
your behalf. Otherwise ask that it be considered for the next
Red Hat Enterprise Linux release. **
To fix this, we need to have a way to reproduce this issue. Clearly there's something wrong with connection to system udisks daemon.
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for
inclusion in the current release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Because the affected component is not scheduled to be updated
in the current release, Red Hat is unfortunately unable to
address this request at this time. Red Hat invites you to
ask your support representative to propose this request, if
appropriate and relevant, in the next release of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux. If you would like it considered as an
exception in the current release, please ask your support
Closing as per Comment 13. Feel free to reopen with necessary info...