Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 60918
SSL_connect error in up2date, rhn_register, rhn_check
Last modified: 2015-01-07 18:55:13 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90; Q312461)
Description of problem:
A previously working system can no longer use rhn updating. A "SSL_connect
error" is always reported. An Ethereal trace shows a "Bad Certificate" packet
as the last sent in each attempt.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Simply run any of the above programs.
Actual Results: bombs out with "SSL_connect error" message
Expected Results: normal operation
1. Tried uninstalling and re-installing up2date & rnh_register.
2. Confirmed that I could log into my rhn account from this machine.
3. Another system on the same LAN has no such problems.
4. After a number of exchanges with the RHN Team, they suggested reporting this
I found the problem! My RTC had reset. After restoring date & time, all
recovered. Please withdraw this bug report.