Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 6110
lilo on the linux partition
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:37:52 EDT
- I use OS2 boot manager I installed using Partition Magic
- I used this way to boot linux since Red Hat Linux 5.1 with
- I downloaded the iso image of Red Hat Linux 6.1
- I check MD5 signature, it was ok
- I installed RHL 6.1 as always (using text mode, not
- As always, I choosed to install lilo in the partition, not
in the MBR
- After finishing installation I rebooted my system
- I choosed Linux from the OS2 boot manager menu
- The boot manager told me that no boot partition was
- I had to choose NT from the boot manager
- Then I rebooted Linux using the rescue disk, with no prob.
- I tried to install Lilo on my linux partition using
Linuxconf. I couldn't. Linuxconf told : partition is not
- I reinstalled RHL 6.1 two more times, with the same prob
- Then I tried re-installing my old R.H.L 6.0
- With 6.0 I had NO problem, and could boot as always using
OS2 boot manager.
- I never had this problem
- this problem occurs only with RHL 6.1
I hope you understood my bug report
If you have any solution please email me
Thank you :-)
Assigned to dledford
Do you have further problems with newer releases?
Closing due to inactivity. If you have further information, please reopen this bug.
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.