Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 616661
Alert mapping for email addresses not quite right from 2.3.1 -> 2.4 -- off-by-ones?
Last modified: 2010-08-12 12:59:57 EDT
Description of problem:
Fields from some alerts are getting comingled/moved over to other alerts, following an upgrade. Something is not being parsed right.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Created 3 alerts in jon 2.3.1:
Memory > 0.1B
Notification method: firstname.lastname@example.org
JBoss AS JVM
Notification Method: email@example.com
JVM Active Threads > -1.0
Notify Roles (All Resources Role, Super User Role)
Notify JON Users (username - rhqadmin)
2. Shutdown server, upgrade to 2.4
3. After server is up and running, Subsystem Views > Alert Definitions
4. Click on each alert name and scroll to "Notification Actions"; note count.
5. Click "Edit" in "Notification Actions" for each; examine notifications
For the scenario above, we would expect
Alert1 to have 1 action
Alert2 to have 1 action
Alert 3 to have 3 actions
Alert1 has 0 action
Alert2 has 1 action
Alert3 has 4 actions
Furthermore, the email addresses do not match up appropriately for each Alert, and are pre-pended/appended with commas [see forthcoming screenshot].
Created attachment 433294 [details]
Created attachment 433295 [details]
alert 3 - notification lists
Created attachment 433296 [details]
alert 3 - notification actions
Author: Joseph Marques <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed Jul 21 01:39:06 2010 -0400
BZ-616661: keep alert notifications sticky to the definitions that defined them
* was incrementing the definitionId counter before persisting the configuration
* stop adding leading/trailing ',' to email-based notifications
** this would only occur when multiple notifications were defined for an alert definition
** if an alert definition would only have email-based notifications, the upgrade did not add the extra ','
*** Bug 616837 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
QA Verified, extra commas are gone and alert notifications line up with their corresponding alerts.
Mass-closure of verified bugs against JON.