If a user has no "show configuration" rights, the Subsystems->Configuration menu + tab
should be greyed out, same for tabs on the individual resource.
This is something which should be addressed in the UI enhancements
If I understand this I think the problem is resolved. if not please supply repro steps.
Tested on build 149 (Version: 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number: 04f721e)
Created a resource group of datasources, created a user.
Created a role without Configure Read/Write resource permissions.
Assigned the group of datasources and the user to the role.
Logged in as the user and navigated to 'Reports->Subsystems' and observed that the 'Configuration History' menu is not greyed out. User can click on the 'Configuration History' menu.
It does not display any config changes to the user.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a Compatible group of resources (Ex: RHQ Agent or datasources)
2. Create u user (testuser)
3. Create a role without Configure Read/Write resource permissions. (testrole)
4. While creating the role, assign the compatible group of RHQ Agents and the user 'testuser' to the role.
5. Log in as testuser.
6. Navigate to 'Reports->Subsystems'.
7. The 'Configuration History' menu is not greyed out. User can click on the 'Configuration History' menu.
For the user without Configure Read/Write resource permissions, the resource's configuration tab and the group configuration tab is greyed out. Also the resource/group context menu option 'Resource Configuration' is greyed out.