Bug 617203 - config.cgi is failing in 3.6
config.cgi is failing in 3.6
Status: CLOSED NEXTRELEASE
Product: Bugzilla
Classification: Community
Component: User Interface (Show other bugs)
3.6
All Linux
medium Severity medium (vote)
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Noura El hawary
:
Depends On:
Blocks: RHBZ36UpgradeTracker
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2010-07-22 09:32 EDT by Noura El hawary
Modified: 2013-06-23 23:39 EDT (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2010-07-22 15:30:03 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
v1 for patch to add upstream code to config.cgi (9.81 KB, patch)
2010-07-22 09:35 EDT, Noura El hawary
nelhawar: review? (dkl)
Details | Diff

  None (edit)
Description Noura El hawary 2010-07-22 09:32:40 EDT
running the testscript: t/203_selenium_config.t

is failing, looking in the httpd logs I found the error:

[Thu Jul 22 23:15:12 2010] [error] Undefined subroutine &ModPerl::ROOT::Bugzilla::ModPerl::ResponseHandler::var_www_html_bugzilla_2dredhat_branches_upstream_2d3_2e6_config_2ecgi::display_data called at /var/www/html/bugzilla-redhat/branches/upstream-3.6/config.cgi line 61.\n


so found that the display_data() subroutine was missing from our branch, when looked at the upstream code it was different to our code attached is a patch that adds the missing code and after adding that patch the test passed successfully.

Regards,
Noura
Comment 1 Noura El hawary 2010-07-22 09:35:08 EDT
Created attachment 433697 [details]
v1 for patch to add upstream code to config.cgi
Comment 2 David Lawrence 2010-07-22 15:30:03 EDT
Thanks for finding this Noura. Actually our config.cgi is very different from upstream as I use a cron script now to generate the public config.* files that are used by config.cgi instead of generating the content dynamically. Doing it dynamically was very slow since we have products with lots of components. So we need to leave config.cgi as it is for now. I have checked in a fix for the display_data() issue to SVN. Please reopen this bug if the problem persists after updating your code.

Thanks
Dave

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.