Created attachment 433789 [details]
Native systemd file for yum-updatesd
Description of problem:
The attached file is a native systemd file for upcoming F14 Feature 
Please read  on how to installing systemd Service files.
If you have any question dont hesitate to ask them on this bug report.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 14 development cycle.
Changing version to '14'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Moving systemd service RFEs to rawhide.
At this point, it is not appropriate in the Fedora 15 cycle to add these. Furthermore, at this point, we are still finalizing the packaging guidelines to handle SysV -> systemd upgrades.
We therefore request:
- wait until there are packaging guidelines (this will be announced on the devel list). This ensures that upgrades will work smoothly and we/you won't have to do multiple sets of changes.
- work on these sorts of changes for Fedora 16 where necessary, not Fedora 15, as we're trying to fix things for release.
- do *not* change a service from SysV to systemd in an existing release (such as Fedora 15), as this is the sort of behavior change that goes against our update policy, documented as https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy
What's the current status on this?
We need this in rawhide as soon as possible unless ofcourse you guys want to
yum-updatesd-0.9-6.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 16 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing yum-updatesd-0.9-6.fc16'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
yum-updatesd-0.9-8.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
yum-updatesd-0.9-8.fc16 has been pushed to the Fedora 16 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.