Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 61783
SRPMS rebuilt failed (segfault)
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:41:07 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020321
Description of problem:
Rebuilding libtabe-0.2.4a-8.src.rpm caused the following errors (this is to
build for i686 - but the same happened for "--target i386"):
if [ ! -x tsipackdb ]; then chmod 755 tsipackdb; fi
make: Leaving directory `/data2/usr.src/redhat/BUILD/libtabe/util'
(cd tsi-src; make)
make: Entering directory `/data2/usr.src/redhat/BUILD/libtabe/tsi-src'
../libtool --mode=execute ../util/tsiadd -d tsi.db -f tsi.src -r -y
There're 138133 queries, 138133 added.
rm -rf yin.db
../libtool --mode=execute ../util/tsiyindump -d tsi.db -y yin.db
make: *** [yin.db] Segmentation fault
make: Leaving directory `/data2/usr.src/redhat/BUILD/libtabe/tsi-src'
make: *** [data] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.70212 (%build)
RPM build errors:
Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.70212 (%build)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. rpm --rebuild libtabe-0.2.4a-8.src.rpm
2. compilation stopped and error messages given in "Description" were shown.
Actual Results: Compilation errors.
Expected Results: A shinny new RPM!
Look like it is a libtool seg fault - Changing the component.
I have also tried several build systems and seem it does not reproduce this error for me.
What is your spec of your system? Have you changed its clock speed etc?
I can't reproduce either. Is this from a fresh skipjack-beta1 install?
Could you post the full build log?
Created attachment 50164 [details]
Created attachment 50165 [details]
Above are two logs generated by executing
rpm --rebuild libtabe-0.2.4a-8.src.rpm
optflags: i686 -O6 -march=i686
Other related rpm packages installed:
The system is manually upgraded from 7.2 (by applying new rpms).
After reinstalling db3* i386 rpm everything is back to normal - the compilation
To make sure it's not caused by gcc optimization bug, I recomplied again db3
packages using -O6 -march=i686 and everything worked fine.
Conclusion: something screwed up when I built the optimized versions of db3
(maybe it's the older gcc, libtool or whatever). But now everything is fine.
OK, then it's not our problem. Thanks for the report.