Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 617956
perlxs packaging issue
Last modified: 2010-09-23 08:54:05 EDT
Description of problem:
I ran into some minor packaging issues with perlxstut
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
perlxs docs are part of perl
perlxstut docs are part of perl
neither perl nor perl-devel require perl-Test-Simple
perlxs docs are part of perl-devel
perlxstut docs are part of perl-devel
perl-devel requires perl-Test-Simple
0) While following perlxstut I discoverd Test::More wasn't installed. It turned out that Test::More is provided by perl-Test-Simple (which is only required by perl-core).
1) This command seems to list perlxstut's requirements:
$ man perlxstut | grep " \+use .*;"
use Test::More tests => 4;
Basically that's ExtUtils::MakeMaker and Test::More.
2) For perlxstut one also needs h2xs. h2xs and friends are part of perl-devel.
3) It seems that both the perlxs docs and the perlxstut docs should be shipped as part of perl-devel and that perl-devel should require perl-Test-Simple or perl(Test::More).
4) Feel free to ask me to provide a (trivial) patch to perl's specfile.
In manual is mentioned Test::More, but you can use for your xs files different test-suite or don't test at all. I'd rather don't require it.
perlxs* docs will be moved into perl-devel in next rebuild of perl package.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 14 development cycle.
Changing version to '14'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
perl-5.12.2-133.fc14 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 14.
perl-5.12.2-133.fc14 has been pushed to the Fedora 14 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update perl'. You can provide feedback for this update here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/perl-5.12.2-133.fc14
perl-5.12.2-133.fc14 has been pushed to the Fedora 14 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.