When an EJB is deployed to an application server it is considered an "EJB3 JAR (Service)" and exposes the Start, Stop, and Restart operations. When the same EJB is deployed as part of an EAR it is considered an "Embedded EJB3 JAR (Service)" and does not expose any operations. This is a request to expose these same operations for the embedded resources as well.
This also applies to WAR/Embedded WAR.
1) After deploying an EJB3 JAR to an inventoried AS instance and the EJB3 being discovered...
2) Navigate to Resources -> Services
3) Filter to view EJB3 JAR
4) Select an EJB3 JAR resource
5) Select Operations tab
6) Notice Restart, Start, and Stop operations
7) After deploying an EAR which contains an EJB3 JAR to an inventoried AS instance and the EAR being discovered...
8) Navigate to Resources -> Services
9) Filter to view Embedded EJB3 JAR
10) Select an Embedded EJB3 JAR resource
11) Notice that there is no Operations tab
11) above should allow you to select Operations tab
12) Notice Restart, Start, and Stop operations
Bug https://jira.jboss.org/browse/EMBJOPR-320 has been logged to capture this request for Embedded JOPR as well.
If this is possible, its definitely an RFE
Closing as outdated.