Description of problem:
Parallels Desktop (5.0.9370 - latest released), I try to install a F13 i386 netinst. Have obtained the .iso via jigdo, it checks out okay and if I burn it to CD, I can install physical machines with it.
I elect during installation to use the main entry, tab, add "vga=ask text debug", proceed with installation. I mostly answer everything with defaults, but keymap is Dvorak and TZ is Europe/Stockholm. I use all of the disk, fresh install, commit to disk. Set up network (have tried both routed and bridged, no difference) works fine, I can ping external addresses from Alt-F2 as name resolution is working fine, I can even scp data off the install system, so that part works.
However, the installer here stops, complaining that it can not pull the repomd.xml for the 'fedora' repo. (I've tried this with the GUI installer as well, stops at exactly the same place.)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
04:10:03,237 INFO loader: anaconda version 13.42 on i386 starting
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download F13 i386 netinst ISO
2. Set up to install a VM in Parallels, but don't pick any of the "automated installs" settings
3. Step through the prompts until it has committed disk choices to disk
4. Watch it stop at fetching repomd.xml for 'fedora', giving you only the options to quit, retry or edit repo settings (which don't work in the text mode).
Installation of F13 not possible
Installation of F13 completes, and I can use it as any other VM.
I'll attach a tar.gz containing the various files from /tmp in the installer that bcl in #anaconda suggested I provide.
Created attachment 437702 [details]
Archive with logs.
Tried with F12 i386 netinst - same problem at exactly the same spot in the installer. Tried F11 i386 netinst, and that's just completed installing (so no problem there, it's booting fine). I'll next try with F12 and F13 full DVD's but they need to finish jigdo'ing first.
Can you post the exact error message you are seeing so I can narrow down where in the code it's happening? Perhaps I can create an updates image that'll be more useful in debugging based on that.
The requester I was getting was basically saying that it could not obtain the repomd.xml for the fedora repository. I've just set up to reproduce it and capture a screenshot for you, but I can no longer reproduce this error (it's actually installing at the moment) although when I spoke with you and bcl on #anaconda, it was 100% consistent (and I was trying a fair few times).
Based on what I'm currently seeing, I'm hypothesizing that the favoured mirror that the installer picked had a bad repomd.xml or something. No log would actually show this was the case though, so I can't prove it.
I'll suggest to NOTABUG this one due to it no longer being reproducible. If I come across it again, I'll reopen this bug and provide the data.
Thanks for your patience,
That works. Thanks for the reply.