Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 62261
Applet class not found error
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:41:24 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.9+)
Description of problem:
This is a sample page to load an applet. It gives a class not defined error.
This works on newer nightly builds of Mozilla (not sure when it started working)
and also 0.9.9 on other platforms.
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Load http://www.stosh.org/temp/Applet.html with JAVA plugin installed (Sun 1.3.1)
Actual Results: Applet doesn't load and gives NoClassDefFoundError
Expected Results: Applet loads and then says your session has timed out (applet
requires login information, so that's why it says session timed out. That's
expected result with those parameters)
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=133637 is Mozilla Bugzilla ID, but
unable to pin down when it got fixed in Mozilla, but 0.9.9 is broken.
This is still present in 1.0.1 and I've re-opened the upstream bug. If it gets
fixed there, I'll pull it with that next release.
Blizzard, I mentioned this in the upstream bug, putting it in here too:
Blizzard: This downloads an applet from our company's servers and things had
changed since. I've updated the test page, so please re-test.
The original problem was not a result of this, but we moved things around like
April or May (software upgrade) and that caused additional problems. So re-test
and see if you still have problems now.
I did try it yesterday and still had the problem. Like I said, though, if it
gets fixed upstream we'll pull it in.
The test was broken from early summer until I fixed the test yesterday. So
unless you tested it after my post, you should retry it as I fixed the testcase
right when I posted.
Seems to be working now, although the "Click here to reconnect" link doesn't work.
It's not supposed to as I just pulled a copy of the page from our application.
It's not meant to be used in the testcase stand-alone that it was provided for
this testcase and thus not fully functional.