Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 622876
designer-qt4: editing main window menu does not work (no drag&drop, no hierarchical entries)
Last modified: 2010-08-13 11:08:34 EDT
Description of problem:
Qt Designer should allow the creation of hierarchical main menus, and menu entries should be arrangeable using drag&drop. Both are broken in Fedora.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
I am running F13 with current Qt packages (qt-4.6.3-8.fc13) and KDE (kdelibs-4.4.5-1.fc13). Tried this on three different systems, two i686 and one x86_64. Also tested using KDE and LXDE as window managers, and tested current Qt beta (4.7.0-Beta2) built from source. All broken.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start "designer-qt", select "Main Window", click "Create"
2. double click "Type Here" field in menu bar, type "A", enter
3. double click "Type Here" field in open "A" menu, type "B", enter
4. click on "page-plus" icon on the right side of "B" submenu - nothing happens
5. double click on "Type Here" field in menu bar, type "C", enter
6. try to move "C" menu by dragging it - nothing gets dragged
In Step 4., nothing happens
In Step 6., nothing happens
In Step 4., a sub-menu should appear
In Step 6., the "C" menu should be draggable around the menu bar
I built the same Qt beta version (4.7.0-Beta2) on OpenSolaris, where everything worked as expected.
I previously filed this bug with the Qt bug tracker (http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-12589) but no one there was able to reproduce the problem - presumably they aren't using Fedora, so maybe this is related to a Fedora-specific combination of libraries?
The Qt guys have now been able to reproduce this - apparently it's a problem with KDE's Oxygen style. The upstream bug report for this is
Since it's not a Fedora-specific problem, I'll close this.
Thanks, will track it there.