Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 623034
failed to start kickstart install when provide ks file with hd device path
Last modified: 2010-08-11 23:01:12 EDT
Description of problem:
The kickstart install failed to start when follow these steps
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. copy a kickstart file to /dev/vda1. we can do like this:
* boot install on an installed system, this system should have a /dev/vda1
* when anaconda started, press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to tty2
* mkdir aa; mount /dev/vda1 aa
* scp remote/ks.cfg aa
2. reboot,and restart install, in grub command line, enter: ks=hd:/dev/vda1:/ks.cfg
the kickstart install did not start, only anaconda was started. press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to tty2, mount /dev/vda1 /dir, cd /dir to check the ks.cfg, the file was zero, the content of file was lost.
the kickstart install should start
Good catch Liam! Are you able to access the installer log files (/tmp/*log)? If so, can you please attach them to the bug report? Alternatively, screenshots of tty3, tty4 and tty5 might be okay in a pinch. Thanks!
Adding to F14Beta per the following beta release criteria:
"The installer must be able to use all kickstart delivery methods "
This may due to a virtual machine's issue, I retested on real machine today, can not reproduce it again, I will have more tests later.SO close it as NOTABUG first. Thanks