Created attachment 438450 [details]
see the row "Child Software Channelse" vs "Configuration Channels"
Description of problem:
The duplicate systems' comparison page contains wrong value of configuration channels for the systems being compared (it just copies the values from "Child Software Channelse") and a click on them refers to ISE
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. register 2 duplications of the same system (and alter with software channel entitlement(s))
2. refer to "Duplicate Systems" and do "Compare Systems" for them.
3. pay attention at "Configuration Channels" row.
Duplicating the values from "Child Software Channelse"
Should be reflecting the information about config channels assigned (if any) and not the software channels.
See the screenshot attached
1) We need to either populate the "Configuration Channels" with correct data, or not display it (rather than today displaying incorrect data for software channels.
2)We also need to fix typo:
"Child Software Channelse"
which should be "Child Software Channels"
Typo caused the bug :). Should be fixed as of http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spacewalk.git;a=commit;h=2eb33a096adc50d1b8d906fad36374f7f2824237 . Look for the next spacewalk-java rpm to test..
I followed the steps from #Description and:
1. Typo is fixed, page displays: "Child Software Channels"
2. Both "Child Software Channels" and "Configuration Channels" rows display correct content.
Just adding tested versions: spacewalk-java-1.2.39-26.el5sat on Satellite-5.4.0-RHEL5-re20101001.1
Verified on Stage.
Base Software Channel Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)
Child Software Channels None * Red Hat Network Tools for RHEL Server (v.5 64-bit x86_64)
Configuration Channels None * Config Channel
Monitoring Probes None None
The 5.4.0 RHN Satellite and RHN Proxy release has occurred. This issue has been resolved with this release.
RHEA-2010:0801 - RHN Satellite Server 5.4.0 Upgrade
RHEA-2010:0803 - RHN Tools enhancement update
RHEA-2010:0802 - RHN Proxy Server 5.4.0 bug fix update
RHEA-2010:0800 - RHN Satellite Server 5.4.0
Docs are available: