Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 624449
PXE provisioning of RHEL6 KVM guest fails on post-install phase
Last modified: 2015-01-04 16:57:52 EST
Created attachment 438959 [details]
3 screenshots of the error
Description of problem:
anaconda fails on post-installation phase with a traceback while doing PXE provisioning of KVM RHEL6 guest (x86_64).
As a RHEL6 channel the current-latest nightly RHEL6 was synced to the Spacewalk 1.1
Traceback looks like (taken the screenshots) - refer to attachments:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
2 of 2 attempts
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Sync to Spacewalk 1.1 RHEL6 x86_64 channel (spacewalk-repo-sync) + nfs mount the latest RHEL6 repodata and use for creating kickstart distribution.
2. make KS profile from that distribution
3. Prepare (if it's not) the Spacewalk to be used as PXE server
4. adjust in dhcpd settings of KVM host (x86_64 RHEL 5.5 for my case) the next_server to be that Spacewalk.
5. PXE provision a RHEL6 x86_64 guest.
packages installation ends ok, but on post-installation stage anaconda fails with traceback:
Successfully provisioned RHEL6 guest.
Martin - this is the stage2 driver disk traceback David mailed you about.
Already fixed in git, should be available in the next build (anaconda-13.21.75).
(In reply to comment #4)
> Already fixed in git, should be available in the next build
Hi Martin, please note that I've found the issue against: anaconda-13.21.76-1.el6.x86_64.rpm (just synced 2 hours before against latest-RHEL6 nfs)
Sorry I ment anaconda-13.21.77-1. And we just tested the fix with RHEV guys using the latest nightly and updates image.
Created attachment 438973 [details]
Updates image with the fix
Spacewalk 1.1 has been released.
The package anaconda-13.21.77-1 fixed my issue with PXE provisioning RHEL6 x86_64 guests.
Hope that the provisioning stuff was/is/would be checking by the RHEL QE teams.
My particular case got resolved: moving the issue to verified.