Bug 62551 - Grip problems with ogg
Grip problems with ogg
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: grip (Show other bugs)
7.3
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Bill Nottingham
:
Depends On:
Blocks: 61901
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2002-04-02 10:59 EST by Stephen John Smoogen
Modified: 2014-03-16 22:26 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2002-04-02 15:33:33 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Stephen John Smoogen 2002-04-02 10:59:43 EST
It seems that options that grip comes up with oggenc are not in sync with actual
oggenc lines. When I start up grip on a default run, it didnt install the
information for Artist, Album and other data recieved from CDDB. It also didnt
seem to 'take' the values I put in for bitrate, etc. In order to 'change' this I
went to Config->MP3 and changed from oggenc to other and back to oggenc. This
caused the correct options to be placed in the line of :

-o %o -a "%A" -l "%d" -t "%n" %f

This still didnt seem to allow the bit rate to be set, so I added the following:

-b 512 -m 490 -M 576 

I am guessing I needed to have a -b %b or soemthing similar... but it works :).

The problem occurs after I removed all the grip config files and started over
again with a fresh user. It also persisted after I upgraded to the RPMS on the
RHN beta-server.
Comment 1 Bill Nottingham 2002-04-11 00:23:42 EDT
Fixed in 2.96-2. The bitrate probably still won't get passed, which is a good
thing... with oggenc, you really want to be using -q <quality> instead. That
will probably get fixed in a newer grip (the one we're shipping is a little old.)

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.