Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 62647
Floating panel doesn't hide after menu selection
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:41:38 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.0 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20020311
Description of problem:
On a panel which is set for autohide and contains a menu, the panel will not
hide after selecting an item from that menu. clicking off the menu to make the
menu disappear also will leave the panel unhidden. To make the panel hide
again, you are forced to move your mouse over the panel and move it away again.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a panel
2. Set panel to autohide
3. Add a main menu to the panel
4. Change panel orientation to horizontal
5. Change the panel position over to the left to change its orientation. (I
moved it all the way up and to the left)
6. move mouse over panel to unhide it and select the main menu button
7. move mouse down to the menu items and select a program or move
mouse off the menu and click to make the menu disappear.
Actual Results: After the mouse pointer is no longer over the autohiding panel,
the panel remains in view.
Expected Results: The panel should hide itself after the mouse is no longer
I found this using a floating panel, not sure if it happens using other panels
This problem seems to be fixed in beta 2.