Description of problem:
provide an upgrade script for rpm installation dates
There's an upgrade script that adds the installtime column to the rhnServerPackage table, but no script that would set the installtime to a not null value for already registered clients.
null installtime values can cause troubles to API call system.listPackages, since xmlrpc cannot pass null values.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
upgrade from sat530 to sat540
UPDATE rhnServerPackage SET installtime = created WHERE installtime IS null;
upgrade script added into spacewalk/schema/spacewalk/upgrade/spacewalk-schema-1.1-to-spacewalk-schema-1.2 directory
Agreed on satellite-devel that it's better not to include a null installtime item, than to set some value to the DB via an upgrade script
Changing to VERIFIED:
- Register clients to sat530, upgrade to sat540
- Api call should not return key 'installtime' within the dict
- Webui should report "not specified"
- rhn-profile sync
- should return item 'installtime' within the dict
- webui should report same dates
- Registered clients with older rhnlib into sat540
- rest is the same as per 1)
3) Behaviour and documentation matches
4) Dates seems to be correct
Special thanks to Martin.
The 5.4.0 RHN Satellite and RHN Proxy release has occurred. This issue has been resolved with this release.
RHEA-2010:0801 - RHN Satellite Server 5.4.0 Upgrade
RHEA-2010:0803 - RHN Tools enhancement update
RHEA-2010:0802 - RHN Proxy Server 5.4.0 bug fix update
RHEA-2010:0800 - RHN Satellite Server 5.4.0
Docs are available: