From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-DE; rv:0.9.4)
Description of problem:
In some logwatch config files under /etc/log.d/conf/services there are config
*OnlyService = sendmail
The problem is the star in front of the options. It should be replaced by a $
sign or perl can't directly handle these options as variables.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run logwatch and watch the output for sendmail -> all log header informations
are missing (like date and time)
2. change the config option "*RemoveHeaders =" to "*RemoveHeaders = no" in
3. run logwatch again -> the log headers are still missing
4. now change the config option to "$RemoveHeaders = no"
5. run logwatch again -> everything is ok now
I put a patch in logwatch-2.6-2
A little more clarification:
It appears as if the *FooBlah syntax is intended to run some scripts, and
everything except the first token (the script name) is ignored. The reason
changing the * to the $ worked is because it set a variable or something instead
of running the script. The right fix is to just remove the line altogether if
you don't want removeheaders run.