Created attachment 446993 [details]
2000+ words beginning with "aa"
Description of problem:
Source completion with gtksourceview is very slow. We can check this problem easily with the Word Completion plugin of Gedit, but I have the same problem with other applications that uses gtksourceview for auto-completion.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install gedit-plugins
2. enable the Word Completion plugin in Gedit
3. open a file containing a lot of words (see attachment)
4. type the beginning of a word until proposals appear: the time to wait for proposals to appear is normal for the first time, maybe a bit slower tough
5. delete one character: it is very slow
6. retype the character: the proposals take several seconds to appear
Completion is very slow
The performances must be the same as with Fedora 13 (i.e. almost instantaneously)
I've downgraded to gtksourceview2-2.10.2-1.fc14 and the problem still happens.
So I don't know where this bug could come from, if it's not gtksourceview then it's maybe GTK...
It doesn't matter how much files nautilus is gonna display, sometimes it "hangs" with less than 10 items to display.
How can "catch" nautilus in gdb ?
sorry, wrong bug
The bug seems to be fixed for me.
I think this bug was related with bug 626108 (which was closed after the update to glib2-2.26.0-2).