Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 636709
Resource tree: should not be able to toggle favorites flag while on a folder
Last modified: 2013-09-02 03:16:30 EDT
Description of problem:
If user is navigating a resource tree and clicks on a folder, hitting the favorites badge toggles - but not for the resource perhaps expected -- it toggles the favorites flag for the parent (or perhaps top-level) resource
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to a platform's resource tree. Toggle the favorites badge.
2. Click one of the folders underneath the platform -- for example, the "Hosts File" folder
3. Click the favorites badge.
4. View results
The favorites flag gets toggled, but per the messages tray, the resource that is getting 'favorited' is the parent platform. The confusion is compounded, in this case, since both the folder and the resource contained therein are named "Hosts File"
* Cannot toggle favorites when a folder is highlighted -OR-
* Perhaps clicking favorites while on a folder toggles the favorites flag for ALL resources within the folder? Might be useful... and it can always be unselected.
The favorites flag is no longer presented for tree aggregates (autogroup or autocluster nodes). This didn't really make sense given the temporary nature of the group membership. And led to fuzzy semantics. Please re-test.
Verified that the favorites badge is not displayed for folders, and is displayed for items in the tree. Tested folders, in general. Verified.
Bulk closing of issues that were VERIFIED, had no target release and where the status changed more than a year ago.