Description of problem:
If user modifies a dashbard and, for example, drags one or more portlets to another column and logs out, upon login it is discovered that the portlets do not persist in location where user placed them.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Intermittent but fairly reproducible
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new dashboard; add a bunch of standard portlets
2. Move some of the portlets over to a second column. Assure that they are staying there, i.e., have truly been placed in the column.
4. Log back in and navigate back to your new dash.
Sometimes some of the portlets you have moved will find themselves moved back into their original column
Portlets stay where they have been placed
Seems to happen in both Edit and View modes, although *perhaps* more often in edit mode.
Two additional notes/clarifications:
* It appears that one need not necessarily logout/login -- simply navigate elsewhere in the UI, like the inventory view, and return. Sometimes even in this circumstance, portlet settings are not persisting.
* This failure to persist extends beyond columns and ordering. It seems that if a user minimizes a bunch of portlets, for example, s/he can return to the dashboard to find that they've all been re-expanded.
This should be fixed now.
verified portlet persistence ... with login/logout ... and without logging out but navigating to other pages ...and then back.
Bookkeeping - closing bug - fixed in recent release.