Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 63817
converting netscape profiles hangs mozilla
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:42:10 EDT
Description of Problem:
after choosing to convert my netscape 4 profile I am left with 5
mozilla-bin PIDs, but no browser window ever pops up.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. rm -rf ~/.netscape/ ~/.mozilla/ (and for good measure, ~/.galeon/)
2. start netscape, browse a couple of sites, exit netscape.
3. start mozilla, select 'convert' netscape profile, wait for browser window.
no browser window -- multiple mozilla-bin threads.
Mozilla will works without issue if the PIDs are killed and it is restarted.
Some additional notes:
- Conversion seems to be successful. Eg. all the netscape mail settings are
- The same thing happens if you don't choose "convert profiles" and then
"manage profiles". In the following dialog one profile is already
available. If you select it and select "Start Mozilla", a popup dialog
says that this is a Netscape Profile and asks you if you want to copy it.
Now mozilla hangs as described.
Works for me.