Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 638645
[RFE] - Change Satellite API call users.listUsers
Last modified: 2012-03-08 04:06:43 EST
1. Customer Name: Comcast
2. What is the nature and description of the request? Enhancement to RHN API users.listUsers
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here): Easier management of RHN accounts.
4. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here): Currently users.listUsers does not provide any indication if an account is disabled or not. Customer would like it to either not list disabled users, or, include a field indicating 'disabled'.
5. For each functional requirement listed in question 4, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented. Invoke users.listUsers against an RHN account that has disabled users associated with it. Verify that it either does not list the disabled users, or that it indicates which users are disabled.
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla? Not that I was able to find.
7. How quickly does this need resolved? (desired target release) Customer would like to have this asap, though I wouldn't consider it critical. Next major release?
8. Does this request meet the RHEL Inclusion criteria (please review) Not RHEL. If we get this in RHN Satellite, would it also get into RHN hosted?
9. List the affected packages RHN, RHN Satellite
This is a Satellite RFE - moving to the Satellite component.
RE response to 8, above - no, Satellite changes do not affect Hosted.
*** Bug 638658 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I see an 'enabled' attribute of this API was implemented already in Feb 6 2009.
It's definitely part of Satellite 5.4.0:
it shall be also part of Satellite 5.3.x
Closing as CURRENTRELEASE.