Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 63931
dns failure in postfix
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:02 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.0 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20020311
Description of problem:
standard installation of postfix runs smtp outgoing in
a chrooted environment (in /etc/postfix/master.cf)
However the chrooted /var/spool/postfix/etc directory does not
include resolv.conf, so postfix's dns lookups fail.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. configure postfix
2. send mail to the dest machine using smtp
3. run mailq and look for Name service error for bigpond.com: Host not found,
4. copy /etc/resolv.conf to /var/spool/postfix/etc
5. force queue flush with /usr/sbin/postqueue -f
6. run mailq again, check it delivers.
Actual Results: mail does not get delivered remotely, which is nasty.
I run dnscache and iptables firewall on the same box,
with 2 NIC's. Its possible that interacts somewhere.
RHL 7.3 fixes this