Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 640423
Dynagroups: Cannot "Save & Recalculate" a dynagroup from the creation wizard
Last modified: 2011-05-23 21:13:39 EDT
Description of problem:
Attempting to "Save & Recalculate" a newly created dynagroup from within the wizard appears to fail. Furthermore, the dynagroup gets silently saved.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Attempt to create a dynagroup. give it a name of "foobar" and an expression of:
resource.type.plugin = Platforms
resource.type.name = Linux
2. Click the Save & Recalculate button. Note failure
3. Click the Save button. Note different failure.
* Save & Recalculate: User gets error, "Failed to Recalculate this group definition"
* Save: User is given a fail notice that "A group definition with this name already exists"
System should indicate that the dynagroup was already otherwise saved so s/he doesn't get stuck wondering what happened.
we could take out the save&recalculate button - just have this page create/save the group. you then calculate it later.
save&recalculate button now works.
Bookkeeping - closing bug - fixed in recent release.